The AustraliaGenWeb Project maintains very high standards in page creation, site management, and overall quality of presentation for all associated project pages. The AustraliaGenWeb Project encourages freedom of expression, national cultural uniqueness and individual creativity by project hosts in the actual design of their pages. Certain elements are required, however, to help maintain the cohesiveness of the project.
- The WorldGenWeb Logo and Name must be present on the AustraliaGenWeb homepage, it is optional for the county homepage. All AustraliaGenWeb Project sites share the same alpha-neumonic name and all projects must conform to this standard. The project name is The AustraliaGenWeb Project. State and territory pages follow this same example: QueenslandGenWeb Project or abbreviated QLDGenWeb Project.
- Each website must contain a link to the next level up in the organization of the AustraliaGenWeb Project. This aides the researchers in navigating our websites. The following graphic demonstrates the linking:
- State and Territory websites must contain a link to the AustraliaGenWeb website (http://www.australiagenweb.org/) with the official AustraliaGenWeb Logo button.
- The AustraliaGenWeb website and the state/territory websites must contain a link to The PacificGenWeb Project website located at http://www.rootsweb.com/~pacifgw/ This logo button may be used, but is not required.
- Non-Commercial Status: The AustraliaGenWeb Project is a non-commercial entity. The AustraliaGenWeb Project is dedicated to the concept of free exchange of public-domain records via the internet. As such we do not charge for the resources available through our pages. We may link to commercial websites however that does not imply that we endorse their services.
- Copyright: The AustraliaGenWeb Project encourages the collection and publication of non-copyrighted materials online by hosts. The AustraliaGenWeb Project will not pay royalties to any organization or institution. Therefore, we stipulate that all materials placed online at any project website be free from copyright infringement.
- The AustraliaGenWeb Project endeavors to maintain that all materials collected through associated project websites will not be distributed commercially. Country coordinators and project volunteers work on the honor system and we "assume" that materials placed online are free from any copyright infringement and that they will not be sold or republished in any form.
- Individual's who submit data to any website are free to include the word "private" in place of any records or dates. This does dilute the value of the record submitted but we wholeheartedly support the privacy rights of the individual.
- Each country and territory website within the AustraliaGenWeb Project will maintain a method for posting queries.
These policies are an adaptation of the policies of the WorldGenWeb Project located at http://www.worldgenweb.org/index.php/policies-and-procedures. Each host is responsible for reviewing these websites to ensure they are in compliance.
Disclaimer: The AustraliaGenWeb Project does not guarantee the authenticity or source of any collected material place online at project websites and is to be held free and indomitable from any and all liabilities based on such materials. The AustraliaGenWeb will remove any materials found to be in violation of Copy Right Laws and statutes.